Management at Thurles Greyhound Stadium have reported a strong interest in the upcoming online Sales at Thurles Greyhound Stadium on Thursday, February 3rd, and the Sales will proceed as scheduled.
The Sales Catalogue is now available on www.grireland.ie/racing/sales-auctions/.
In order to comply with the current COVID-19 protocols and restrictions, the following arrangements will be in place for the Sales:
- Sales limited to 60 Lots
- The weigh in for the Sales Trials will commence at 8am with trials commencing at 8.30am (Owners of Lots 1 to 12 are requested to be at the track and ready for weigh in at 8am and all owners are requested to bring their own racing jackets)
- Strict rule of “One person per greyhound” to apply at access point to track
- Trials will be weighed in and conducted on the basis of Lot Numbers 1 – 12, 13 – 24, 25 – 36, 37 – 48, 49 – 60
- Handlers will be called for their trial at the appropriate time
- Greyhound Handlers attending the Sales will be permitted to enter the Stadium for Sales Trials and Sales Auction (wrist band to be issued to each handler upon entry for weigh-in)
- A limited number of Greyhound Agents/Greyhound Transporters are permitted entry to view Trials and participate in Sales Auction – Greyhound Agents/Transporters to pre-register to attend with Management on __________
Sales Trials & Sales Auction can be viewed online
The Sales will be broadcast online through the Livestock Live System (LSL) & all Sales trials & the Sales auction are available to view online (see below). Online bidding will also be possible through the LSL system.
A deposit is not required to view the sales trials & sales auction. The payment of a €300 deposit is required to approve online bidders in advance of the Sales. This deposit is refunded if no successful bid has been made. Prospective online bidders should contact Thurles Greyhound Stadium on 087 3748021/0504 21003 or from UK (00353) 87 3748021/0504 21003. It is advisable to Register to Bid prior to the day of the Sales however persons can be approved to bid at any point prior to the conclusion of the Sales Auction.
Accessing Sales Trials & Sales Auction onLine
How to access the LSL system via PC or Laptop
- Go to https://www.lslauctions.com
- Go to “Login”
- Go to “I want to register”
- Register with your mobile number
- You are then sent a verification code which you enter. You now have access to view the sales trial & sales auction
How to access the LSL System via mobile Phone / App
- Download the app from the relevant store (App Store/ Google Play)
- Click on “Sign In”
- Enter Mobile details
- You are then sent via text a temporary PIN verification code which you enter
- Create your new 4 digit PIN and enter your name and email address
- Go to “Online Auctions”
- Go to Greyhound Racing
- Chose “Online Auction” at Thurles Greyhound Stadium
How to bid online
Anyone wishing to bid online will need to click on the “Register to Bid” button after signing in to view the Thurles Greyhound Sales. Your request will be accepted pending the payment of a €300 deposit which can be processed through Thurles Greyhound Stadium on 087 3748021/0504 21003 or from UK (00353) 87 3748021/0504 21003. Persons wishing to bid on line should “Register to Bid” in advance of the Sales. Unused deposits will be returned to unsuccessful bidders.
Boarding and transporting of greyhounds (purchased for UK racing) to be privately arranged by UK purchasers. Transporters will be in attendance at Thurles Greyhound Stadium on the day of the Sales & information on these services is available by contacting the Racing Office on on 087 3748021/0504 21003 or from UK (00353) 87 3748021/0504 21003.
Management at Thurles Greyhound Stadium seeks the cooperation of all parties in ensuring that the sales can proceed in an orderly way while fully respecting all Covid – 19 protocols & restrictions in place.