Company information and introduction:
Rásaíocht Con Éireann / Greyhound Racing Ireland has responsibility for the promotion, regulation, and on-going development of the Greyhound industry in Ireland. A vacancy has arisen at our Mullingar venue for the position of Racing Operative. Full details of the position are outlined below.
Job Title: Racing Operative (Part-time)
Reports to: Racing Manager
Location: Mullingar Greyhound Stadium
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collection and balancing of Race Entry Fees.
- Collection and balancing of Trial Fees.
- Racing Management System (RMS) Data Input.
- Operation of the Photo finish equipment.
- Acting as a judge at race night events.
- Assisting the stewards of the meeting with kennel and parading duties.
- Cover of Racing Office during racing events.
- Assisting and monitoring the printing of race cards.
- Carry out any work-related requests as required in the weight room and kennel area.
- Comply with all IGB procedures to include all statutory procedures - Fire Health and Safety, hygiene, internal audit.
- To carry out any other reasonable task as assigned by management to meet with business needs.
Hours of Work
The role is a part-time role, with a guaranteed minimum of 8-10 hours per week to cover at trial sessions and race events. Days of the week will normally be every Saturday night & Sunday afternoon but are subject to change.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- At least 6 months gained demanding role with excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite particularly Excel & Word;
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has the ability to work towards tight deadlines whilst using their own initiative;
- Ability to learn quickly and work as part of a team;
- Seeking a challenging work environment;
- Applicants must be 18 years or over. This is in line with the Employment Equality Acts 1998 - 2015.