Rásaíocht Con Éireann has been advised by the Greyhound Board of Great Britain, that in compliance with Rules 83 & 84 of the Greyhound Board of Great Britain – Rules of Racing, an International Entry will only be permitted to race or trial in the UK if the greyhound has been microchipped and registered on the GBGB registry database.
There is no charge for an international entry registration. However, the following information must be provided to GBGB by the Irish Owner/Trainer not less than five working days prior to the closing date of the intended race/competition and not less than five working days prior to participation in a trial:
• Name and address and contact telephone number of owner (or owners in joint ownership)
• Proof of address for the owner/s (copy of utility or telephone bill)
• Proof of date of birth of the owner/s (copy of passport or driving licence)
• Name and address of trainer
• Name, address and date of birth of trainer assistants/kennel hands
• Name of greyhound and identification (markings and form lines)
• Certificate of microchipping, to include microchip barcode or full microchip number. The microchip must comply with either ISO standard 11784:1996 or Annex A to ISO standard 11785:1996 of the ISO’s standards for microchips.
• Name of competition/race/trial that greyhound will be competing in
• Place of kennelling in Britain and name of GBGB trainer licensed to kennels
• Up to date veterinary certificate of inoculation
A Special Authority, submitted by Greyhound Racing Ireland to the Greyhound Board of Great Britain is also required (see below)
Special Authority Request:
To request a Special Authority from Greyhound Racing Ireland prior to a U.K. event, Owners/Trainers are required to submit,at least five working days in advance of the U.K. Event or specified Trial(s), a completed and signed Special Authority Request Form, which can be down loaded below, to the Regulation Department of Rásaíocht Con Éireann (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Regulation Department , Rásaíocht Con Éireann, Greenpark, Dock Road, Limerick).
For more information, please contact the GBGB Registry Department on 0044 2078220925
Owners and Trainers are advised that all overseas travel should only be undertaken under government guidelines published at https://www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/75d92-covid-19-travel-advice/ and owners and trainers will be required to set out their plans to adhere to this advice in advance of any Special Authority being submitted to GBGB on their behalf