- The Syndicate Champions League (SCL) is operated by the Irish Greyhound Board and is open to all Irish-registered syndicates with 3 or more members (registered with the Irish Coursing Club) and their registered trainers, or internationally owned syndicates racing in Ireland with an Irish registered trainer. An Irish registered trainer shall be considered as one which has a Public or Private Trainers licence issued from the Irish Greyhound Board. Owner-trained syndicates are also eligible to participate.
- Entry to the competition is free of charge, however only syndicates who have registered with the Irish Greyhound Board for participation will be included in the SCL. Registration forms must include the Syndicate name and member details, registered greyhound, agent details & trainer information. Entry forms are available to view here, completed forms must be returned to the Syndication Executive in order to complete the registration. The IGB accepts no responsibility for incomplete or lost applications.
- Each entry will be provided with a unique SCL membership number once registration is completed.
- A syndicate may register more than one greyhound, however each greyhound will constitute a separate entry and be awarded a unique SCL membership number. Syndicates may change their greyhound under a membership number only once during the competition and this change must be notified officially in writing to the Syndication Executive. e.g. Syndicate 1 owns Greyhound A & Greyhound B, if Greyhound A retires from racing on July 1st, they may change their nominated greyhound to Greyhound B from July 2nd. The points accumulated from Greyhound A up to 1st July and the points accumulated from Greyhound B from July 2nd shall be combined under one membership.
- If a syndicate chooses to change a greyhound on an entry, they may not nominate a greyhound who has already competed within the competition. e.g. Syndicate 2 owns Greyhound C & Greyhound D and both are initially registered under two different SCL membership numbers. Greyhound C retires from racing while the competition is ongoing, they cannot change Greyhound C to Greyhound D in order to combine their points.
- SCL will take place from Monday 30th March until Sunday 29th November 2020 inclusive. Points can only be scored and accumulated during these dates.
- Syndicates may register to enter the SCL up to Monday 27th July 2020. No allowance will be made for late entries with regard to points.
- SCL will operate, and points awarded, for racing across all IGB owned and licenced stadia:
- Registered greyhounds and syndicates will not be awarded any points for racing outside of the participating stadia as listed above.
- Points will be awarded based on official race results of participating greyhounds:
- An additional set of bonus points will be on offer for the following:
- Winner of a sweepstake or racing competition with less than 24 starting greyhounds shall receive 10 additional points. This does not apply if the competition is one of the Classic events listed below.
- Winner of a sweepstake or racing competition with more than 24 starting greyhounds shall receive 15 additional points
- Winners of a Classic racing event shall receive an additional 20 points:
Qualifying Classics include the Open 600 in Shelbourne Park, the Con & Annie Kirby Memorial in Limerick, the Irish Cesarewitch in Mullingar, the Irish Oaks in Shelbourne Park, the National Produce Stakes in Clonmel, the Corn Cuchulainn in Shelbourne Park, the Irish Sprint Cup in Dundalk, the Irish Greyhound Derby in Shelbourne Park, the Juvenile Derby in Shelbourne Park, the Irish Laurels in Curraheen Park, the Irish St. Leger in Limerick and the Irish Grand National in Shelbourne Park
- Greyhounds who have run more than 10 races will be awarded bonus points as follows:
*Between 10 and 12 races in the SCL period, they shall receive an additional 25 points
*Between 13 and 15 races in the SCL period, they shall receive a further 5 points (total 30 bonus points)
*Between 16 and 18 races in the SCL period, they shall receive a further 5 points (total 35 bonus points)
*Between 19 and 21 races in the SCL period, they shall receive a further 5 points (total 40 bonus points)
*More than 22 races in the SCL period, they shall receive a further 5 points (total 45 bonus points)
- All participating greyhounds, syndicates and trainers shall be subject to the normal rules of racing and all rules and regulations of IGB
- SCL will offer a total prizefund of €15,000, which will be allocated to the top-scoring teams as follows:
- In the event of a tie in any of the top 5 places at the end of the SCL, payments will be divided amongst the teams. e.g. 2 teams both finish on equal points in 1st place, the prizes for 1st and 2nd place will added and divided equally amongst the two teams. In the event of a multiple tie between more than 5 teams, the total prizefund will not change and will be divided accordingly.
- The Registered Trainer of a winning greyhound (those within the Top 5 places) will receive 20% of the winning prizemoney.
- All winning payments will be awarded to the syndicate and trainer through the normal IGB prizemoney channels and with the nominated bank account payment details provided.
- Winning teams will be contacted by the IGB following the closing date and all winning presentations will take place on Saturday 12th December 2020.
- The IGB reserves the right to amend or withdraw the competition if required