Let’s talk about safer gambling.
Safer Gambling Week is an industry-led campaign to encourage more conversations about the importance of safe betting while promoting limits on spending or time played. Safer Gambling Week runs from today 19th November until next Wednesday 25th.
We have supported this initiative, previously known as Responsible Gambling Week, for the past three years and this year is no different as Rásaíocht Con Éireann / Greyhound Racing Ireland and Tote will be sharing messages throughout the week in support of the initiative.
The key objectives of Safer Gambling Week are to raise awareness of:
• how to gamble more safely
• the tools that are available to help customers gamble responsibly
• where to find more help and support for those who need it.
Take a minute to look at your own gambling habits.
- Ask yourself… Have you carried on past your spending limit?
- A heads up… It’s good to set yourself limits
- A heads up… It’s easy to lose track of time when you are gambling
- Play smart… Know when to stop
- Remember… Friends and family are more important than gambling
- Remember… Gambling is not a way to make money
If you need to talk to someone about your gambling, you can call the below numbers for free:
In the Republic of Ireland you can freephone 1800 936 725.
If you’re in Northern Ireland, call 08000 886 725 and in Great Britain you can call 0808 8020 133.
Dunlewey offers a free and confidential counselling and mentoring programme for those experiencing difficulties with their own, or other people’s substance misuse or gambling issues.
For further information, visit https://dunlewey.net/