Job Title: Video Camera Operator
Rásaíocht Con Éireann (RCÉ) / Greyhound Racing Ireland (GRI) is a commercial semi-state body responsible for the Promotion and Development of Greyhound Racing in Ireland. The role of Video Camera Operator is a key role within the racing team at Greyhound Racing Ireland, Youghal Greyhound Stadium.
Reports to: Racing Manager or Nominee of the CEO
Primary Work Location: Youghal Greyhound Stadium
Key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Develop a good understanding of race video requirements.
- Set up and test equipment 1 hour prior to first race.
- Operate video camera to required specification for racing (includes parading prior to each race).
- Ensure proper focus is achieved.
- Clean the camera and camera lens.
- Inform management of any deficiencies with equipment or recommendations.
- Record any promotional material on the track as required.
- Travel to different locations depending on company requirements.
- Use of Company Time and Attendance system.
- Comply and engage with all company procedures such as statutory procedures, fire, health and safety.
- To carry out any other reasonable task as assigned by management to meet with business needs.
Hours of Work
The role is a part time position with a minimum of 9 hours per week. Normal working days are Mondays and Saturdays with occasional additional hours required on Wednesdays to cover race events.
Preferred Behaviours and Competencies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A full driving licence is preferred.
- Has the ability to work towards tight deadlines whilst using their own initiative;
- Ability to learn quickly and work as part of a team;
- Seeking a challenging work environment;
- Video Camera and equipment experience is desirable.