These roles are part time roles, approximately 3.5 - 8 hours per week, depending on the racing schedule at the assigned venue and may vary depending on the needs of the business. Race nights are every Friday & Sunday evenings.
Please note there is a minimum age requirement of 18 years to all applications to GRI Tote, in line with legislation.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop a good understanding of tote products and the range of bets available.
- Process customer bets during a race night in advance of each race using the companies selected Tote Betting System.
- Process winning bets and pay out winnings to customers.
- Provide any relevant updates to customers such as non-runners and jackpot guarantees.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate.
- Listen to any customer complaints on your section and pass on to management without delay.
- Participate in daily briefings to discuss each events detail.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
- Reconcile nightly takings at the end of each shift and report any discrepancies to management.
- Comply with all company procedures to include all statutory procedures- Fire Health and Safety, hygiene, internal audit.
- To carry out any other reasonable task as assigned by management to meet with business needs.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- At least 6 months gained demanding role with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite particularly Excel & Word.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- A full driving licence is preferred.
- Has the ability to work towards tight deadlines whilst using their own initiative.
- Ability to learn quickly and work as part of a team.
- Seeking a challenging work environment.