Job Title: Sales & Business Development Executive
Rásaíocht Con Éireann (RCÉ) / Greyhound Racing Ireland (GRI) is a commercial semi-state body responsible for the Promotion and Development of Greyhound Racing in Ireland. The role of Sales & Business Development Executive is to maximise all sales and revenue generating opportunities for assigned locations while developing new and strengthening existing business opportunities, with an emphasis on growing race night attendance, non-race day revenue streams.
Reports to: Head of Hospitality & Sales or Nominee of the CEO
Primary Work Location: Galway. Flexibility to travel to other GRI locations required
Key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Assist in the development of an annual Business Development plan for assigned locations for presentation to the Executive in line with projected revenue and attendance growth expectations and the strategic approach of the wider organisation.
- To grow attendance at the venue by increasing restaurant bookings, fundraising nights, corporate bookings.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Research (cold calls, etc) for new corporate business and follow up on any opportunities identified to the end of securing new business while maintaining and developing business development database using the companies CRM system.
- Follow-up calls on all sales leads, enquiries and working closely with GRI Reservations Centre.
- To compile Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly and Annual Sales Reports and present to management.
- To continuously monitor and report on competitor activity with a view to maintaining competitiveness and feedback information to the senior management or other relevant personnel.
- To plan and organise Fam Trips, Site Inspections and Sales promotions as required and represent GRI at consumer promotions, trade exhibitions, seminars & workshops, and follow up leads where required.
- To attend key events held in both Stadia and offsite when required.
- Work closely with other members of GRI business development & marketing teams, proactively identify and pursuing new revenue opportunities for the venue and the group for both race night and non-race day business.
- Carry out proactive sales calls and sales activity in respect to all aspects of revenue generation at the stadium.
- To ensure an accurate and effective Customer Database is developed and consistently maintained to detail accurate company profiles.
- To ensure all sales administration work is complete for both events & sponsorship and any agreements documented, and terms contracted.
- To identify and exploit all local marketing and PR profile opportunities and revenue generating opportunities including cross selling to assist with company revenue maximisation.
- Comply with all GRI procedures to include all statutory procedures - Fire Health and Safety, hygiene, internal audit.
- To carry out any other reasonable task as assigned by management to meet business needs.
Hours of Work
The role is a full-time role, 37.5 hours per week, 5 days per week normally Monday to Friday but may vary depending on the needs of the business. Flexibility will be required to meet the requirements of the role.
Preferred Behaviours and Competencies
- 2+ years’ experience of business development & account management.
- 2 years’ experience of using Administrative, computer and office systems
- 2 years’ experience in the marketing, sales, and promotion of leisure-time products
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork skills
- Strong Internal and External Customer service orientation
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Flexible and innovative attitude to the role
- Be self-driven and motivated to achieve business devilment leads and sales targets
- Have a full clean driving license with access to a car.