Objectives: The Racing Support Officer role is designated as a developmental role and offers excellent greyhound industry exposure in the areas of racing operations as well as in regulatory compliance and commercial aspects of the greyhound industry.
Reports to: Racing Manager
Location: Kilcohan Park Greyhound Stadium
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week (Monday - Sunday).
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop a detailed understanding of all aspects of racing operations to include racing regulation, welfare standards and track operations.
- Supervise racing operations on race days or nights as well as daytime and evening greyhound trials at locations assigned by your manager.
- Supervise grounds and maintenance staff to ensure that that the racing circuit is of the highest possible standard relating to safety and providing a fit for purpose racing surface.
- Overseeing the maintenance of track equipment, kennels and related racing hardware, equipment.
- Involvement in the planning and promotion of Racing and Classic events.
- Operate the greyhound grading system, the RMS and the electronic trials booking system
- Ensuring competitive grading in order to maximise Tote and for SIS type race broadcasting purposes and protocols.
- Seeking and achieving sponsorship for race events and the management of sponsorship relationships locally.
- Deal with owners & trainers in a professional and courteous manner at all times with a particular focus during trial sessions & race nights.
- Liaising with greyhound industry key stakeholders and with their representative bodies.
- Implementation of Rules and Regulations of Racing
- Participate in welfare initiatives to include rehoming of greyhounds.
- Taking entries for racing and greyhound trials
- Promotion of Stadium products to potential customers.
- Participate in Health safety and Welfare Management.
- Comply with all RCÉ procedures to include all statutory procedures - Fire Health and Safety, hygiene, internal audit.
- To carry out any other reasonable task as assigned by management to meet with business needs.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- At least 6 months gained demanding role with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite particularly Excel & Word.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has the ability to work towards tight deadlines whilst using their own initiative.
- Ability to learn quickly and work as part of a team