Job Title: HR Administrator
Rásaíocht Con Éireann (RCÉ) / Greyhound Racing Ireland (GRI) is a commercial semi-state body responsible for the Promotion and Development of Greyhound Racing in Ireland.
The role of a HR Administrator will assist with the day to day operations of the HR function and support the organisation and the HR Business Partner in the smooth running of the HR department.
Reports to: CEO or Nominee of the CEO
Primary Work Location: Greyhound Racing Ireland, Dock Road, Limerick
Key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Assist in the design, planning, and implementation of GRI organisational development programmes, policies, and procedures.
- Support change management initiatives and suggest enhancements to existing programmes.
- Development of departmental training requirements including inductions, co-operative programmes, work experience programmes and training materials.
- Assist with employee relations issues in a confidential manner.
- Assist payroll department by providing relevant employee information, e.g. leaves of absence, sick days, starters/leavers and work schedules.
- Liaise with Pension Provider, Insurance Provider and Eyecare Provider as internal point of contact.
- Process employee applications such as the Bike to Work scheme, Educational Assistance Programme, Maternity Benefit, Illness Benefit.
- Provide support to the HR Business Partner to assist the HR department.
- Organise and maintain personnel records.
- Update internal databases, record sickness, maternity leave etc.
- Management of employee fuel cards, oversight of allowances and eflow system.
- Create and distribute HR Department POs in a timely manner.
- Design, Creation, & Distribution of Employee Newsletter and Internal Intranet, enhancing internal communication & fostering a sense of unity among employees.
- Facilitation of In-House Events, contributing to the success of employee events & fostering a positive work environment.
Corporate Office Support
- Freedom of Information Officer, responsible for acknowledging, gathering information and responding to applications for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2014.
- Acknowledge, circulate, and maintain a schedule of Parliamentary Questions, Ministerial Representations, and media queries. Provide responses to all Parliamentary Questions & Ministerial Representations within a timely manner.
CEO & Executive Support
- Assist on monthly Board Agenda & production of the Board Pack, ensuring seamless preparation & distribution of materials.
- Attendance at Board Meetings/ Executive Meetings and taking of minutes, where required.
Additional Roles & Duties
- Protected Disclosure Officer, responsible for managing the protected disclosure process, safeguarding the rights & interests of employees.
- Access Officer, ensuring accessibility & compliance with access-related regulations.
- All Internal & External Post Distribution, managing correspondence efficiently & professionally.
Hours of Work
The role is a full-time role, 37.5 hours per week, 5 days per week normally Monday to Friday but may vary depending on the needs of the business. Flexibility will be required to meet the requirements of the role.
Preferred Behaviours and Competencies
Minimum of 3 years of experience in a HR Administration role.
Professional qualification in HR, Business or related field (e.g. CIPD or equivalent)
Excellent attention to detail
Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of the business
Ability to prioritise own workload, to work independently and collaboratively.
Strong Microsoft office skills
Self-motivated, proactive, flexible and reliable.
High level of discretion and integrity.