Rásaíocht Con Éireann (RCÉ)/Greyhound Racing Ireland (GRI) is a commercial semi-state body responsible for the Promotion and Development of Greyhound Racing in Ireland. We are looking for a Creative Brand Designer to join our team at Greyhound Racing Ireland.
Job Title: Creative Brand Designer
Reports to: Head of Brand
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, 5 days per week and will require flexible hours.
Location: This role can be based at either the GRI Head Office, Limerick or Shelbourne Park, Dublin. Travel will be required between all GRI locations nationwide.
Working closely with the brand team, marketing team and all departments in GRI, the Creative Brand Designer will support the organisation in bringing the GRI brand to life.
This role will be responsible for creating all of the organisation’s design needs; creating all inhouse printing and electronic media needs for all stadia, project work, events, sponsorship, marketing and advertising campaigns.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
We are looking for a highly creative brand designer who can take conceptual ideas and create visual representations, both in print and electronic media. We need you to be able to produce clever inspiring design ideas to help bring our brand to life.
Our ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of current design software and be skilled with every step of the design process from concept to the final delivery. You will need to be creative and forward thinking. Collaborating with multiple teams within the organisation, you should be able to take direction from written or spoken ideas as well as producing your own ideas and convert them into a design that connects. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of branding and marketing, with the ability to vary style and layouts depending on the project. If you think you have what it takes to bring ideas to life with visual impact, we want to hear from you.
Key Responsibilities and Daily Duties:
- Collaborate, brainstorm and plan for week, months ahead.
- Work on a wide range of materials that will include race cards, tote design, trap heads, track signage, programming collateral, internal communication, newsletters.
- Responsible for all internal signage.
- Liaise with 3rd party printers to ensure projects completed to final artwork standard.
- Support all departments with design materials including briefs, presentations, sponsorships, merchandise, and events.
- Work on all GRI marketing and promotional collateral, advertising for all mediums.
- Design of all social artwork, web design and uploading of weekly articles onto the website.
- Design external signage and design of re branding materials when necessary.
- Translate strategic direction into high-quality design within an established brand identity.
- Manage the design and uploading process of all project material, understanding bestpractices for using a content management system.
- Prioritise workload, manage multiple projects at once and be capable of managing last minute changes to artwork.
- Use various computer software to visualise and develop innovative graphic designs that meet business goals.
- Identify flaws and create solutions to improve design capabilities.
- Update and maintain internal databases of designs, photography, and video. Ensure designs meet organisational standards and brand expectations, express ideas accurately, and represent the company appropriately.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- 5+ years’ experience (academic and professional) with design software.
- Photography experience and proficiency with photo-editing software.
- Proven experience with graphic design, with a strong portfolio of work.
- Use trend intelligence and understand the current and historical business and market to design and execute specific classifications.
- Media experience an advantage.
- Experience with Brand Awareness and Brand guidelines.
- Experience with social media, video, and web design.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Organisational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Proven record in a similar role.
*As part of your application, please include links to or attachments of examples of your previous projects.