Background: Abargrove Limited T/A Events & Hospitality Services (EHS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Greyhound Racing Ireland and provides catering services at 8 of Ireland’s Greyhound stadia nationwide. The range of services at the above referenced venues includes grandstand restaurants, private hospitality suites, fast food outlets and public bars which operate weekly on standard race nights while also hosting non-race day events. The company is currently recruiting for the position of Accounts & Payroll Administrator based in Shelbourne Park, South Lotts Road, Dublin 4.
Job Title: Accounts & Payroll Administrator
The Role: This role within EHS is a wide-ranging role which requires flexibility and an ability to deal with all financial transactions and processes.
- Process the Payroll on a weekly basis using Sage Micropay
- Month-end duties – cost analysis, reconciliations, journal postings.
- Ensure all necessary updates are done on time, followed by checks.
- Conduct correct rate of pay checks regularly.
- Keep track of personal files, ensuring all necessary documentation is provided.
- Process hours, record absences, holidays etc on Sage Payroll and action accordingly
- Answer staff payroll queries in a professional, timely and proficient manner
- Ensure all payments are processed accurately according to the company schedule.
- Escalating concerns or queries to next level management.
- Provide payroll administration support for wider Greyhound Racing Ireland organisation.
- Assisting in the production of monthly management accounts and year end accounts to include budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis for 8 separate stadium cost centres within the EHS network.
- Bank Reconciliations – reconciling bank accounts daily for multiple sites
- Accounts Receivable – ensuring debtors accounts are managed within credit limits.
- Accounts Payable – processing creditors invoices, preparing payments and reconciling supplier accounts.
Hours of Work
The role is a full-time role, 37.5 hours per week, 5 days per week normally Monday to Friday but may vary depending on the needs of the business.
Education and Preferred Behaviors and Competencies
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a payroll capacity.
- Accounts Payable & Receivable experience in a similar role.
- Enjoys working within a busy payroll function.
- Strong knowledge of Payroll legislation.
- Advanced IT skills, including MS Office Packages.
- Ability to prioritise and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.